The BEST key lime pie you will ever make. Just so you know 3/4 cup key lime juice is is about 20 key limes and 3 cups of sweetened condensed milk is equal to about 2 cans. Take the extra time to make Graham crust yourself by mixing 1/3 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons melted butter and about ten sheets of crushed Graham crackers (or 1.5 c. of crumbs) and press into pie plate. Bake for 5 minutes at 325, let cool a little, add filling and bake as the recipe states. I have lived in Florida and eaten a lot of Key Lime Pies (not saying how many haha) and this one is the perfect mix of sweet and tart flavors and you will be amazed such a simple recipe can make such a yummy pie. Enjoy!
Key Lime Pie
Key Lime Pie
- 1 (9 inch) prepared Graham cracker crust
- 3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice, and lime rind.
- Mix well and pour into Graham cracker crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. DO NOT BROWN!
- Chill pie thoroughly before serving. Garnish with lime slices and whipped cream if desired.